A YouTube channel description is a section found under the About tab of any YouTube channel. When done well, your YouTube channel description can serve you well for many months to come.
Here are the top tips on how to write a great YouTube channel description:
1) make the benefit of watching your videos obvious. How can your channel help others? Be as specific as possible and try avoiding vague statements.
2) focus on the first 125 characters. State the most important facts first, then work towards those less important.
4) announce the type of videos you publish on your channel. Are you creating how-to videos? In-depth educational guides? Reviews and product demonstrations? Add a list of videos you believe are the most valuable to your type of audience.
5) add your channel’s upload schedule. Let your viewers know when they should expect new videos.
6) remember your call to action. Your channel description is going to perform the best if you make sure to add a nudge to your channel visitor on what to do next.